8. September 2014 10:09
Redwind Software was first imagined back in 1986 in Dublin, Ireland when founders and childhood friends Conor Winders (4) and David McMahon (4) began planning their first mobile app. A visionary, well ahead of his time, David had an idea for a movie trivia game that anyone could enjoy from any place, that they could carry with them on their phones. Unfortunately, the technology of the time was simply not advanced enough for David and Conor to create this game, tentatively titled "The Greatest Movie Trivia Quiz Game In The World, Ever - Powered by David and Conor's Quiz making engine". However, inspired by David's flaming red hair and Conor's surname the idea of Redwind Software was born.
- 1989 - Conor and David enter Primary School in St. Vincent's CBS Glasnevin. Here they learn maths and art, two subjects that would later form the basis for many apps.
- 1990 - David and Conor learn tin-whistle, performing Frère Jacques to a standard their teacher describes as prodigious.
- 1991 - Conor is barred from a school trip for calling a teacher a liar.
- 1992 - David completes "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge" having neither bought the game nor been old enough to play it.
- 1993 - The Eircell mobile network launches in Ireland, beginning to popularise mobile telephony.
- 1995 - Nailing their entrance exams, Conor and David graduate from Primary School to join St. Vincent's CBS Secondary (High) School in Glasnevin, Dublin.
- 1996 - Conor and David learn guitar, taught by Bill Shanley. They go on to form an experimental rock band known as Private Property.
- 1997 - The first "Pay as you go" phones are released in Ireland. Snake is released for Nokia phones.
- 1999 - As the 2nd and 4th speakers on the school debating team, Conor and David excel, bringing St. Vincent's unprecedented glory and national attention. One debate ends with the team literally being chased out of Muckross Park girls school, as riled up teenage girls scream and kick their cars as they hurriedly leave/escape.
- 2001 - Conor and David graduate from High School and head to Dublin City University to continue their education. Conor chooses Computer Applications, David chooses Multimedia
- 2002 - Conor and David travel to New York on a J1 visa. Conor purchases his first ever iPod. David purchases an Archos media player. Both purchase knock off watches on Canal Street.
- 2003 - David gigs as lead guitarist in a Knickelback/Bruce Springsteen tribute band.
- 2005 - Graduate from University. Conor refuses to attend the ceremony, calling it "a sham".
- 2006 - David watches every movie ever made.
- 2007 - Apple release the iPhone.
- 2008 - Apple announce the App Store and the iPhone SDK.
- 2008 - Redwind is official incorporated and Movie Challenge is released to universal acclaim.
- ~ present - Redwind produces over 150 apps, working with the biggest brands in the world and continuing to release original products.